Wheaton Academy is committed to making sure that the academic experience students receive will prepare them for the future. We are committed to ensuring that all students truly learn, understand, and apply the material. We encourage you, as parents, to join your student in prayerfully considering the best course selections for them, to take time to review this material together carefully and to identify what an appropriate level of challenge looks like while keeping in mind your student’s gifts, talents, interests and outside commitments.
We will work with you and your student to ensure your student’s schedule places him/her in the “learning zone” where he/she is challenged but not overwhelmed.
As we begin the planning and registration process for next year, we want to give you key information and details to assist you. Our goal is to encourage students, in collaboration with their parents, to take ownership of their course selections and educational plan for future years.
- NEW STUDENTS: After your student completes the placement test, enrolled incoming freshman families will meet with a member of our Student Services team on an upcoming Saturday to select courses for your student.
- RETURNING STUDENTS: In Advisory, students heard about the many opportunities they have to select courses that meet various graduation requirements, innovative cross-curricular opportunities, Fine Arts classes, courses in our MASTER program, as well as opportunities to earn college credit while they are at Wheaton Academy. The course selection process will take place during the school day in late March.
- If you are interested in setting up an individual time to meet with someone from Student Services to answer registration questions and advise you about selecting courses for your student, please contact Angie Roberts at email@example.com.
This is an exciting time of year as you help your child choose opportunities to help them discover their gifts and to have additional time to hone passions they have already discovered. We look forward to providing support for you and your student throughout the registration process. Please use the resources below to learn more about our classes and learning opportunities for our 2019-2020 school year.
Class Registration Timeline
For incoming students
- Saturday, March 9th 8:00 a.m.
- Saturday, April 6th 8:00 a.m.
- Saturday, March 16th 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 13th 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 15th 3:30-8:30 p.m.
Schedule set during registration meetings
For Returning Students
- Schedule recommendations were given to students the first week of March
- Schedule recommendations need to be signed by a parent and returned during the student’s advisory group by March 6th
- A copy of schedule recommendations was available during Curriculum Night (March 4th)
- Students meet individually with members of Student Services during the day
- Meetings will occur during weeks of March 18th and April 1st