As we strive to function as a Professional Learning Community, the Wheaton Academy faculty works diligently to ensure that all students learn at high levels.
Wheaton Academy teachers are Living Curriculum Teachers who understand the value of relationships with students and working in a collaborative culture with fellow teachers. We believe that all students can learn at high levels if given enough time and support. Furthermore, we value the way that God has created each student differently and we work hard to vary our teaching methods accordingly.
Wheaton Academy teachers realize that to be most effective they must work together to sharpen one another’s skills. Teachers meet together in teams on a weekly basis to establish best practice and to establish a strategic approach to the following:
- What students need to know and be able to do?
- How we will know if they have learned it?
- What will we do if students are not learning it?
- How do we teach the students who have already learned it?
- As a faculty we consider it a privilege to partner with parents in our endeavor to teach and disciple our students. Please contact me if you would like to talk about Wheaton Academy’s academic program.
– Steve Bult
Head of School