Wheaton Academy is committed to partnering with families to make Christian education affordable.
Wheaton Academy is committed to accessibility for families at all income levels. The Affordability Initiative allows families to apply for reduced tuition based on their financial circumstances. By receiving a tuition reduction, families pay the amount of tuition that makes sense for their financial situation.
Four Ways to Receive Aid
Wheaton Academy offers need-based financial aid through several avenues, all available through the generous contributions of our donors. Financial aid packages are determined through a comprehensive evaluation of your financial health, the number of applicants, and funds available.
1. The Wheaton Academy Annual Fund
The Wheaton Academy Annual Fund contributes to financial aid awards for families who apply and qualify.
Click Here to Start your FACTS Application
2. Tax Credit Scholarships
Families whose income is at or below the 300% poverty level may qualify for a tax credit scholarship.
Click Here to See If You Qualify and to Apply
3. [CLOSED] Need-Based Scholarships
Need-based scholarships are additional financial aid packages provided by the Wheaton Academy Alumni community. Families who qualify for financial aid awards may also qualify for these need-based scholarships.
4. [CLOSED] Merit-based Scholarships
Merit-based scholarships are reserved for the incoming freshman class only. Financial need is not considered for these scholarships.
Introducing The Affordability Initiative
Download the Affordability Initiative packet for comprehensive answers to all your most pressing questions:
- How do I know if my family is eligible for financial aid?
- How does my family apply for a tuition reduction?
- If my family pays a reduced tuition this year, will we pay the same amount in future years?
- How do families consisting of multiple households file for tuition reduction?
How does my family apply for Financial Aid?
Wheaton Academy uses FACTS® to process financial aid applications. FACTS® is an independent school service provider that has partnered with over 11,500 schools. Families interested in applying for reduced tuition may begin the FACTS® application process as early as November 1 every year. For families applying for tax credit scholarships, there are two additional applications to complete beyond the FACTS application.
Next, the Wheaton Academy Financial Aid Committee reviews the recommended aid award from FACTS® for accepted students. The Committee then issues a financial aid award package to the family for consideration based on the Financial Aid Award Schedule.
Please note that all discussions, submitted documentation, and award packages remain highly confidential among the Committee members.
Round One of Awards
- Round one of Academy awards
- Tax Credit Scholarship awards are announced to Priority Families on a rolling basis
Round Two of Awards
- Round two of Academy Awards
Final Round of Awards
- Round three of Academy Awards
- Tax Credit Scholarship awards are announced on a rolling basis to families who do not meet the Priority criteria