Free Video for Coping with Anxiety from a Biblical Perspective
From being distant from the Wheaton Academy community to worry about the virus, students have a heightened sense of anxiety. This informational video, made with teens in mind, is meant to be watched by the whole family to facilitate discussions on healthy, biblical ways to cope with anxiety. Biblical practices paired with clinical research on anxiety make this video a great resource for anyone who feels the need to combat fear with God’s truth.
Passion Planner’s Free Community Resources
The list from Passion Planner includes several resources for mental health. In addition to these, we wanted to recommend the Sanvello app. Sanvello offers clinically validated techniques to cope with stress, anxiety, and depression. The app also includes resources for mood tracking, sleep, mindful meditation, cognitive-behavioral therapy strategies, and more. The company has released specific information about anxiety surrounding COVID-19, and they are currently offering the app for free to the public.
Additionally, maintaining some routine, getting enough sleep, eating well, and getting exercise are all very important for mental and emotional health.
- Taking a walk and getting fresh air
- Intentional deep breathing
- Calm App – offers free mindful meditations, deep breathing, sleep stories, etc.
- Talking to family and friends
- Listening to relaxing or uplifting music
- Eat a snack, drink some water (stop the “hangry” in its tracks)
- Weighted blanket
- Download this PDF for more strategies to combating anxiety